Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sonic 3
Cheats
+Games

Progress 1Q23

March 29, 2023

sonic sms remake 3 timelines

Sonic 3 progress

I'll improve my feedback for you guys by writing more about what's going on behind the scenes.

Currently, I'm creating new mechanics for zones, new scenery, color palettes and new paths for classic zones.
This year I want to dedicate myself only to tests and new concepts for Sonic SMS Remake.

I'm building the story of the game, it's not finished yet, so don't trust anything, everything can change!

I'd like to take the opportunity to tell you a little about the things I'm changing in the game.

I will keep only 3 acts for each zone, in both modes:

  • Act 1: exploratory
  • Act 2: creative/free
  • Act 3: double boss

Random quest portals will spawn in Time Warp, to get unlockables:

  • A map of the location of the Red Star Rings will show in the pause menu
  • A new team with skills unique to some places in the zone (like Silver or Amy)
  • Path to the Hidden Zone

Ultra Sonic will be a unique super form for Team Sonic.

Time Warp will show more item information.

It will be possible to disable Special/Dimensional Stages in the options.

Co-op and battle mode were removed from the game, the result didn't turn out the way I wanted. Battle mode may appear in a new game in the future.

That's it for now, stay tuned for updates. Oh, I'm showing Ultra Sonic this year!!